The United Farm Workers (UFW) union will get a new president next month after Arturo Rodriguez, the current president, decided to relinquish the job after 25 years. Teresa Romero will be the third president of the UFW and the first ever female president of the organization. Rodriguez had been the president of the organization since […]
It’s hard to believe that it took five years to count the 2000 votes of farmworkers by the California Agricultural Labor Relations Board (ALRB). The votes were counted this week and it was clear that Latino workers, in this case, had no interest in joining the United Farm Workers (UFW) union. By a vote of 1,098 […]
The question about what to do with the 2013 ballots in a union decertification vote by Gerawan Farming Inc. workers is still undecided. About 300 Gerawan workers gathered outside of the 5th District Court of Appeals in Fresno in April while the court heard the testimony of the United Farm Workers (UFW) union and Gerawan […]
Farmworkers should have the right to be represented. If abandoned by a union, farmworkers deserve the right to vote. The right to have their voices heard and the right to be represented. Don’t take this choice away from them. Farmworkers deserve to have the same rights and protections as every other worker.
The union dues from hundreds of farmworkers will be diverted to pay off a $1.2 million judgment against the United Farm Workers over the union’s treatment of its organizers. On Friday, Monterey Superior Court Judge Thomas W. Wills ordered UFW dues, which are deducted from paychecks at four companies, be diverted to pay back wages […]
It’s not about the pay, it’s about the union paying members. Few progressive causes have enjoyed as much recent success as the campaign to raise pay for the working poor. Most large cities in California have raised their minimum wage over the last several years, culminating in Gov. Jerry Brown’s signing the nation’s first statewide […]
- American Airlines Launches Biometric Boarding Program at LAX
- Virginia Governor has a Strange way of Celebrating Black History Month.
- The Pronouns ‘He’ and ‘She’ are now Banned During Legislative Hearings
- Weather Channel App Accused of Tracking Data and Selling it to Third Parties
- California’s Minimum Wage Increased in 2019
- New post: American Airlines Launches Biometric Boarding Program at LAX http://t.co/kTRpBCJtlj 2 weeks ago
- New post: Virginia Governor has a Strange way of Celebrating Black History Month. http://t.co/rvSEowr28j 2 weeks ago
- New post: The Pronouns ‘He’ and ‘She’ are now Banned During Legislative Hearings http://t.co/vy7uKiL9Dl 4 weeks ago
- New post: Weather Channel App Accused of Tracking Data and Selling it to Third Parties http://t.co/gAxQhBtxhq 1 month ago
- New post: California’s Minimum Wage Increased in 2019 http://t.co/wsXkR5pWGY 1 month ago